CARE INSTRUCTIONS OF ALPACA CLOTHES:
Before you begin, read the care label attached to the garment and any hang tags or care instructions included in garment packaging.
When hand washing is advised, we recommend using the following method:
- Gently hand wash in cool water (up to 85*F / 196*C) with a mild detergent. Never use chlorine bleach.
- Gently press to remove excess water. Do not wring or twist: handle gently to avoid wrinkles and distortion.
- Dry flat (lay out horizontally for drying). Block to dry reshape to original dimensions while drying.
- Smooth by hand while wet to remove wrinkles and straighten the seams and facings.
- Touch up with a cool iron in lowest temperature setting as needed.
When dry cleaning is advised, we recommend seek out a reputable dry cleaner.
- Bring with you any labels or hang tags that contain fiber information or care instructions.
- Outfits with several pieces should be cleaned at the same time to avoid any color discrepancies resulting from cleaning.
- Inform the cleaner of any spots or stains, they will want to treat some stains before the dry cleaning process.
- We recommend that you request the cleaner use fresh or filtered solvent, and a dry cleaning process that does not involve
tumbling of the garment and uses low heat (140*F / 306*C) drying.
Knits that have shrunk from the dry cleaning process can be "blocked" (reshaped to original dimensions) by the cleaner. Request this service,
Your cleaner may also provide mothproofing. Request this service, if needed.
Some wool may show pilling (the appearance of tiny balls on the fabric surface). Dry cleaning may increase their number but your cleaner
should remove them as part of the finishing process.